Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Schoolism???

Since i started my blog and website I've had a few people ask me how much i benefited as an artist from taking classes through the schoolism.com online courses. though i always sing the praises of school whenever i am asked, i think its easier to show you than it is to tell you. As i stated in a earlier post I'm currently working on a few paintings that may or may not end up hanging in Antonio's Pizzeria, the new restaurant a friend is involved in. one of the signature sandwiches on their menu is the" Tony Soprano" and since I am a huge fan of that show i thought he was good person to start with. Well how does that fit with Schoolism? I'll tell you. while working on this piece i came across an old painting i did of Tony Soprano in summer 2007. i think you can see the differences between the two. So for anybody that is on the fence about signing up for a schoolism course, DO IT. It is some of the best money you will ever spend.


5 comments:

E. Sharp said...

Both pieces are ill man...Obviously the difference in improvement from one to the otha speaks for itself...Funny i peeped this, cuz i'm one of those on the fence people for the schoolism.com...Good advice given technically without words, lol...Nice work man..ez

SEILER said...

Fantastic Toney Torren!!! I'm really impressed with your work lately . . . you're really developing a strong style! Keep it up!

GRAND said...

Your technique evolves and perfects... I really am to amaze by the strength of your work current !

Anonymous said...

Excellent style, man. They catch the eye and make me smile in recognition.

You are a talented and clearly hard-working individual. Best of luck.

Anonymous said...

Nice painting...It's a God Gifts...


God Gift